sábado, 25 de agosto de 2018

O caminho de se tornar professor universitário

The path to professorship is long, rocky and confusing. Why? | Anonymous academic /Link
One university I worked at had no promotions criteria; at another they were so vague as to be meaningless
The road to becoming a fully-fledged academic can feel long, tough and filled with disillusion. A study by The Royal Society found that only 3.5% of students that complete a PhD secure a permanent research position at a university. Of those lucky few, only 12% (or 0.45% of the total) make it to professor level.
During my first academic position, I wanted to become one of these fortunate few. So I visited the university’s HR advisor and asked her – naively – what I would have to do to eventually be appointed professor. Her answer was frank: “I have no idea.”
Continue reading...

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário