sexta-feira, 16 de março de 2012

Carne vermelha e o "Nanny State" (estado da babá)

Doug Casey on the Nanny State

Interviewed by Louis James, Editor, International Speculator
L: Doug, you're going to love this; there's a new study out, purporting to show that eating any amount of any kind of red meat is bad for you – making you 13% more likely to die, in fact. So, with your growing herd of cattle in Argentina, you're close to becoming a mass murderer.
Doug: I saw that. I wonder what you have to do to make it 26% more likely to die? If I go back to skydiving, does that mean I'm 1,000% more likely to die? It's rather strange, in that I always thought we're all basically 100% likely to die.
It's yet another sign of how degraded US society has become, that something so ridiculous can be passed off as news. According to the LA Times article I read, the "study" was just a survey of people's reported eating habits. So, at best – assuming people responded accurately and honestly – the survey might show us a correlation. But even a high-school student should be able to tell you that correlation does not establish causality. 
Leia mais

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário