terça-feira, 10 de setembro de 2013

Objetivos

What’s Your Goal?

Human action is behavior with a purpose. A person acts because she wants to bring about a future she desires, a future she believes will not come to pass without her effort.
The value of an action lies in its contribution to the actor’s goal.
I learned this thanks to the work of Ludwig Von Mises, long after I got my Ph.D. in Economics. Until I read Human Action I had never asked myself what future I was trying to bring about through teaching.
But in a flash of humbling insight I realized that teaching is irrelevant; what matters is helping others learn.
That realization changed my career, and my life. I stopped teaching and started helping my students learn; I stopped advising and started helping my clients succeed.
How would you change your job description (and your Linkedin profile) if instead of your role you focused on you goal?
But this shift would not be enough to maximize your value. If you are a member of an organization, your individual goal is not your real goal.
Mais

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário