sábado, 21 de dezembro de 2013

Fraude na pesquisa medicinal

Dr Brownstein writes:
I find it amusing when I am accused of practicing bad medicine because I don’t follow evidence-based medicine.  When I am confronted with this argument, I always ask, “What evidenced-based medicine are you talking about?   Is it the ghost-written articles?  Or is it the industry-sponsored articles that provide the evidence-based medicine that you make your decisions with?”
I have written about the problems with ghost-written medical articles.  What this means is that the article was written by an unidentified person.  Instead of listing the person that truly wrote the article, the medical article will be titled under someone else’s name—usually a prominent doctor.  Of course, this doctor was paid to have his/her name on the article, which gives the report more credibility.  Ghostwriting was brought to light when Big Pharma founding member Wyeth Pharmaceuticals was caught ghostwriting 26 papers promoting conventional hormone replacement therapy in different scientific journals.  Since then, it is estimated that at least 10% of all medical articles may be ghost-written.  I would bet money that the number is much higher for industry-sponsored research. 
Mais

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário